Chocolate chip cookies are one of my most favorite go-to treats! There is just something about biting into one of these warm delectable cookies that can’t be beat. I made this recipe with the intention of making a chocolate chip cookie that is light and fluffy on the inside with crisp, golden edges on the outside. I’ve never been a fan of those hard, thin kind of cookies, it just feels like eating crumbs to me! These cookies have the perfect balance of crunch and softness. Combine that with the warm, gooey chocolate chips…and they won’t last for long!
Creaming the Butter and Sugar
A few secrets must be revealed in order to achieve cookie perfection. First is creaming the butter and sugar. A very important step! Creaming the butter and sugar together creates air in your dough giving you the light and fluffy cookies you see above.
Then, there is the secret ingredient: yogurt! The addition of yogurt keeps the cookies soft and chewy. Additionally, your cookies will be way healthier. These really are the most perfect chocolate chip cookies!
After you have achieved cookie dough perfection, scoop the dough into rounded heaping tablespoons on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat. Silpats are a vital tool for any baker! The one you see in the picture above is the one I recommend, the last thing anyone wants is to pry cookies off of the sheet! The cookies will bake down some but largely hold their shape, so be careful to not make them too thick. Finally, bake in the oven at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Wire racks are a vital and often overlooked item, but a good quality one can be found here.
Yum! Perfect, chocolate chip cookie goodness!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Step 1 Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Step 3 In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Step 4 Add the vanilla, salt and yogurt to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until combined.
- Step 5 Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Step 6 Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 7 Drop a heaping tablespoon amount of dough onto lined baking sheets.
- Step 8 Bake until golden brown around the edges 18-20 minutes.
- Step 9 Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.